Named after the ancient name for the December full moon, the Cold Moon Edition is a more muted version of our much-adored Camp Blanket. Perfect for the long, chilly winter nights.
Two layers of super quality flannel finished with an extra-wide, handmade flannel binding. Perfect for tossing over kids in the car, camping, wrapping in after a jump in the creek....and it easily, non-fussily rolls up and tucks in a bag, ready to go wherever you'd like to go.
While both sides appear to be solid colors, they have a subtle texture. One side is a light coral with a pin prick pattern and the other is mottled salt and pepper. Finished with a creamy tartan binding.
My criteria in making the perfect blanket:
- Beautiful to look at and touch. Gets better with age.
- Big enough to warm a grown-up or two kids; small enough for a four year-old to navigate.
- Not too precious; can withstand the mud and peanut butter of our days.
- Machine washable.
- Unbulky; easily packable in a backpack, car, picnic basket.
- Heirloom quality; will last for generations.
We started by sourcing the highest quality flannel fabric we could find. Purchased locally in Missoula, Montana the material is incredibly soft and sturdy. The front and back flannels are stitched together (quilted but without the batting), creating a lovely drape and feel.
- 47 x 63"
- 100% made in Montana, USA