Through 4/28: Get a FREE Four Seasons of Canning recipe book (8 recipes / printable PDF). What Happen's After Applesauce? Your ebook will land in your inbox on Mother's Day. :)
It's easy to be in love with the idea of canning food. The idyllic notion of serving up loved ones nutritive, garden fresh produce in the depths of winter, sharing jars of jam with neighbors, popping open sauce for the spontaneous dinner party, lounging about with pickles.
This romantic idea also contains the reality when beginning a thing in our already full lives: time needed to learn what to buy and how to do it. Oh yeah, and the time to do it. I'm here to help!
In this course you will:
* Discover that preserving food is way easier and less time consuming than you imagine. And saves so much waste and money.
* Move past the intimidation and into total confidence regarding the canning process, safety precautions and all that information out there.
* Be armed with excitement and tools to begin putting up food for your kin.
* Have fun getting groovy in the kitchen with me.
Why apples? Good apples can be found year round. You needn't have access to an apple tree to have great apples to make applesauce. Also, it's a snap to whip up a few quarts of sauce with those unattractive apples chilling on your kitchen counter. We will help you select from what you've got whether it's an orchard or Costco. Also: learn to can apples and you can any jam, sauce, spread, butter or salsa. Yes!
Canning food can feel hard at first. There is so much to keep track of, science to learn, methods to perfect...and what if I make my family sick? The truth is, canning food is incredibly satisfying and easy. It's true! Once you get the basics down, you will be able to save tons of money while preserving food at the height of taste and nutrient value. You will bask in the glory of a shelf full of delicious food that will feed your family all year well after the seasons change.
- Nici’s step-by-step apple canning video
- Nici’s printable tool and ingredient lists, step-by-step instructions, safety tips and recipes (Including apple pie filling! Hello perfect holiday gift.)
- Email guidance to help you with every step of the way
- Access to all materials forever
- Canning label pdf (printable)
- Coupon code for all DIG + CO. kitchen products
- Add a canning kit for $27 (includes shipping). This kit contains jar lifter, lid lifter, small canning rack and stainless steel funnel.
What do I need to buy and how much will that cost? I send participants a detailed tool list with links to purchase. In a nutshell: you will need jars ($10), a wide mouth funnel ($4), jar lifter ($5), lid lifter ($4), canning rack ($8) and a few pots (one for cooking, one for processing).
What kind of apples do I get? How many? You will need about 3 pounds per quart and can use whatever apples you love. With the course, I give detailed suggestions on variety and where/how to buy.
How much time do I need to set aside for the course? I’d allow yourself 2-3 hours for your first time. Once you get the hang of the process it’ll be much faster!
Do I need to be worried about food safety? No! Well, not more than you worry about it now. I will address your concerns about canning and food safety. We are canning a high acid food so botulism cannot exist in our jars. And I am here to help you along and answer your questions!
Due to this being a digital course, there are no refunds available after purchase.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org